Home Company Blog
By: Khalid Sarwari
November 27, 2023

What is it?

Taking up the task of teaching your child at home is known as homeschooling. You can choose this instead of sending your child to school. If you want to homeschool, there are specific requirements to consider.

Your Responisbility 

Every child, aged 6 to 17, is required to attend school or receive home education. If you want to homeschool your child, you are accountable for organising their education, instructing them, and evaluating what they have learned. In the event that your child has a disability, for instance, you should adjust your instruction to meet their unique needs. 

Things You Must Do

Assist the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) by registering your child, then Send your child's scheduled lesson plan to  the VRQA. Get permission to teach your child at home. 

How to do these tasks can be found at the VRQA website's section on home schooling.

Study Plan 

Before you are permitted to homeschool your child, you must submit a study plan. The purpose of the study plan is to assist you in considering what kind of education will be best for your child. It must contain what, how, and where you will teach the different learning areas in your first year of instruction. 

The 8 learning areas to include in your study plan are  

  • English  
  • Maths  
  • Science  
  • The arts  
  • Health & Physical Education   
  • Humanities and social sciences   
  • Information, communication technology, design and technology

If you would like to teach your child specific courses or activities, you may reach government schools. It's referred to as partial enrolment.  

To do so, speak with the school to get an agreement in principle for a partial enrolment, which indicates that while the terms are agreed upon, they have not been established yet. 

Discuss and reach an agreement with the principal regarding the terms of your child's enrolment, which may include the duration of the programme, expectations for behaviour, attire, and attendance. 

You will receive a confirmation letter from the VRQA if your application is accepted.

Complete the arrangement and provide a copy of the confirmation letter to the school.

Your child will be evaluated by the school on the same criteria as other students in the same topic. You'll get a report card detailing your child's development.

You must make a payment for essential education items on a pro-rata basis. The school can also invite you to make voluntary contributions within the law.

Social Share
Written by
Khalid Sarwari
Khalid Sarwari brings a much sought-after highly ethical and determined approach to his clients real estate needs. His diverse...
Looking for a dream home?
We can help you realise your dream of a new home
Explore Properties